Fall Soccer Season is back! This time of year, it’s especially important for parents to work daily exercise into kids’ schedules, to keep them active, happy and confident. Enter a high-energy team sport like soccer – the perfect way to make new friends, stay alert in class, and relieve the stress of sudden responsibility overload.
If your child isn’t ready or comfortable to run headlong into a game, signing them up for soccer school can help unlock their potential – not to mention expose them to incredible mental, health and social benefits! Originating in NYC, with locations around the country, Super Soccer Stars teaches kids about the fundamentals of one of the world’s most popular sports in a non-competitive environment, which makes for uniquely awesome sessions filled with fun soccer drills and practices.
From as young as age one, kids learn to move their bodies, hone hand-eye coordination, and operate in a team, all while building their self-confidence and a positive outlook on life.
Until September 30, you can get $15 off your child’s fall class or soccer camp fee when you register online at the Super Soccer Stars website using code ROA2019!
And on September 12, Super Soccer Stars will be at the Rockets of Awesome Pop-up Shop from 5 PM for an exclusive info session and to demonstrate some rad moves! Shop game-ready tees and shorts, plus post-practice sneaks supplied by our friends at Kids Foot Locker – 10% of proceeds from the event go to the Super Soccer Stars Foundation. Super Soccer Stars students can bring in their jerseys for free custom embroidery – and the first 25 shoppers receive a free soccer ball and one-of-a-kind hand-painted design! RSVP here before September 10 – see you there!
So you wanna be a Soccer Mom? It’s easy to set your kids up for success with the right gear. Check out some of our faves below…
Soccer Practice Outfit #Goals
Loose-fitting, comfy clothes that look cool but can be toe-kicked straight in the wash when they get home.
- Geo Print Active Tee + Color Block Active Short
- #Goals Active Tee + Reflective Active Short
- Reflective Track Active Tee + Reflective Panel Active Short
- Heart And Bolt Tee + Tie Dye Active Short
- Neon Active Tank + Metallic Lightning Active Short
- Active Tank + Active Short
Kids’ Cleats You’ll Wanna Meet
adidas Nemeziz Messi 19.3
Super-comfy and durable, with a mid-ankle cut for a snug fit and good support. Not a bad price, either.
adidas Predator 19.4
Great ankle support, in the coolest color that will make them want to zoom around! A little pricey, but there’s a ton of tech performance features to back it up.
Nike Bravata II
High, quality, sturdy, and comfy. The laces are styled slightly off-center to give even more room on the instep to boot that ball!
To find their dream cleats:
- Fit is paramount. Buying cleats even a little big because you think they’ll “grow into them” is a mistake; it can cause blisters that not only feel painful but make it difficult to control the ball. To be safe, have a professional fit your child in store – don’t forget to bring a pair of their thick soccer socks!
- Consider the conditions. If there’s a chance the team will play on grass, skip indoor soccer shoes, which are designed to perform on concrete and will just slip on the field.
- Ignore the hype. Don’t be swayed into buying cleats claiming to be best for certain soccer positions. They don’t mean a thing if your kids are just having fun. Instead, focus on comfort, fit and durability.
Something cozy, soft and comfy to climb into after a fun workout.
Logo Active Half-Zip
The fabric is sporty-meets-techy on the outside, with a brushed, fleecy interior that feels cozy-as-PJs. Also: thumbholes!
Colorblocked Active Jogger
They’ll love the super-stretchy fabric, wide waistband, and side stripe detail (which continues horizontally above the tush).
Sunset Rainbow Full Zip Active Hoodie
She’ll be primed for action in this tech-fabric hoodie… but no one’s gonna know it feels beyond soft inside.
Sunset Rainbow Active Jogger
Styled with a go-faster rainbow stripe, plus elasticized waist and ankle cuffs that pull on and off quickly for warm-ups and cool-downs.
Don’t Forget the Snacks!
A few fast and nutritious ideas for much-needed rocket fuel 🚀 🍌 🥪 🥨
- String cheese
- Squeezy yogurt tubes
- Almond butter sandwiches
- Wholegrain granola bars
- Sliced banana and orange segments on skewers
- Cold water (which helps lower body temps after strenuous activity)