Banana sushi takes 5 minutes to make start to finish and make a great healthy snack or dessert (or breakfast in a pinch!) for your whole crew. 📷 @curlscakeandculture
Healthy, easy, non-processed snacks are tough to come by. (And, no, we aren’t the type of moms who have homemade granola bars at the ready).
But these Banana Sushi snacks? These we can manage. They take about 5 minutes from start to finish and make a great healthy snack or dessert (we’ve even called them breakfast in a pinch) for your whole crew.
Now go bananas! (Sorry, couldn’t refrain there.)
What You Need:
- Peanut Butter/ Almond Butter / Wowbutter
- Nutella (optional)
- Toppings (Rice Krispies, Shredded Coconut, Mini Chocolate Chips, Crushed Nuts, Chia Seeds, Rainbow Sprinkles, etc)
- Put Rice Krispies, coconut, and chocolate chips in 3 separate bowls, each wide enough to dip half a banana in.
- Peel bananas and cut in half.
- Slather halves in nut butter of your choice (or nutella) and roll in topping(s).
- Cut into bite-size pieces and serve. (Note: Stick toothpicks in each one if serving at a party.)
Chips, noodles, gummies, and more (but nary a kale chip) that kids will love – and you can feel good about.
When the after school snack attack hits, you better be at the ready. We went on a mission to find truly healthy treats that didn’t taste, well, healthy. (Our kids don’t fall for kale “chips”.) These fall into the winner winner chicken dinner category. Stock up.
- Roasted Fava Beans: As addictive as chips but totally good for you.
- JicaChips: We’re partial to the white cheddar flavor.
- I Heart Keenwah: A healthy cheese puff?! Say no more.
- Hickory Beef Jerky: We buy it by the 5-pound bag. On the regular. ‘Nuff said.
- Cookie Butter: It’s not the most healthy, but it’s school-safe and healthy-ish when you dip apples into it.
- English Chips: Because if you’re going to eat chips, eat the real deal English variety, which these are.
- Native State Foods: Pinole hot cereals are the answer to breakfast, snack, and dessert.
- Chirps: These tortilla-like chips made of – wait for it – cricket flour (!!) are full of protein and surprisingly delicious.
- Pipcorn: Hull-less kernels are easier to digest and don’t get stuck in your teeth. (The Rosemary flavor is the jam.)
- GinnyBakes: Gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO, kosher, very crunchy, delicious cookies.
- Blood Orange Bites: There’s no reason to ever buy processed gummies when these tasty bits exist.
- Nona Lim: Noodles and broths make quick, satisfying snacks (or meals) – minus all the preservatives.